Terms And Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all guests transferred to Blue Lagoon with Destination Blue Lagoon and for those booking their ticket/package and other services/products at the website http://www.destinationbluelagoon.is.
To provide you with the features and benefits of online purchases with Destination Blue Lagoon, we need to collect information from you through our website. We collect registration information that you provide when you book your package, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address and more. The security and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us.
We will not share your personal information outside Destination Blue Lagoon.
All bookings made through DestinatonBluelagoon.is require full payment with a credit card at the time of booking. All rates are quoted and presented in the Icelandic currency (ISK) and include VAT and all other taxes and service fees. Prices quoted can change without notice. After payment has been made and/or an invoice has been issued, the price is guaranteed against any surcharge, unless a price increase is due to government laws or currency changes.
Bus transfers to/from Destination Blue Lagoon to/from Reykjavik and the International Airport (KEF) is available as an add-on in the booking process. The transportation is operated by our partner, Destination Blue Lagoon ehf. and hotel connections in Reykjavik by Smart Bus. When you book a transfer with your entrance package, you will receive email from Destination Blue Lagoon, containing the transportation voucher.
When you book your entry at Bluelagoon.com you will receive an E-ticket via email. You can either print out the tickets and have them with you, or show them on your phone on arrival.
It is important to keep your E-tickets in a safe and secure place after printing. Only the first set of tickets will allow entry to the Blue Lagoon. All other copies of the E-ticket are going to be refused. The identification of the holder can be requested at the entrance with the actual credit card that was used at the time of purchase and/or a valid photo Identity card.
- Present the entire page of the E-ticket at the event.
- The barcode only allows one entry per scan.
- Unauthorized duplication or sale of this ticket may prevent your admittance.
Unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen or counterfeit, and if so are void. E-tickets are not redeemable for cash. It is unlawful to reproduce them in any form.
Only the first scan of the barcode on your ticket will be allowed entry. Make sure you keep the printed ticket in a safe place like you would cash, and protect it just like you would any other ticket! If more than one copy were to arrive, the barcode scanner will alert the attendant that the ticket has already been scanned. This ticket cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed, and is valid only for the entrance at the date and time selected in the booking process and clearly stated on the E-ticket.
AMENDING/CHANGING A PURCHASE/BOOKING
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, a change fee of ISK 1400 will apply to the booking. To amend a booking, please send us the request via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to your original booking confirmation number. You can not change the date or time of a booking after the originally selected date/time has passed.
CANCELLING A PURCHASE/BOOKING
All cancellations must be presented to Destination Blue Lagoon in written, via e-mail, to the address email@example.com. Destination Blue Lagoon will always keep a confirmation fee of ISK 1400, regardless of the time of cancellation. Otherwise, cancellation charges are as follows (days of notice are based on date/time of arrival):
- If you cancel with more than 3 days notice: 90% is refunded
- If you cancel with 1-3 days (24-72 hours) notice: 50% is refunded
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice: No refund is made
Destination Blue Lagoon reserves the right to change or cancel all bookings and reservations in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control, such as equipment malfunction, natural hazards, unfavorable weather or outside conditions, or any other similar events that could result in the temporary closure of the Blue Lagoon. If the booking is cancelled by Destination Blue Lagoon due to any of these reasons, you will be entitled to either a full refund or change your booking to another date and/or departure without having to pay any change fee.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
Destination Blue Lagoon disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or changes in schedule caused by weather, strikes or any other irregularity outside the company´s control and for expenses due to any of these reasons. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the guest.
We advise all our customers to have valid travel insurance. This insurance should be obtainable in your country of residence and usually covers cancellation fees and, to some extent, accidents that might occur.
In order to make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we also wish to draw your attention to the following:
- Guests enter the Blue Lagoon on their own responsibility and are responsible for children accompanying them.
- Children 8 years old or younger need to wear inflatable swim armbands.
- Age limit for the Blue Lagoon is 2 years.
- No responsibility is assumed by the establishment for any valuables the guests may have with them.
- Please be aware that floors, walkways and bridges may be slippery and/or wet in places.
- Please be aware that the Lagoon is located in an uneven lava bed and the water is cloudy.
- Diving is not allowed.
- Guests may not bring food or drinks for consumption on the premises or in the Lagoon.
- We ask our guests to shower without their bathing-suits before entering the Lagoon.
- Please take your towel with you when going to the shower room and dry yourself before re-entering the changing rooms in order to keep the floor dry in them.
- Please take off your shoes before entering the changing-rooms.
- We recommend wearing a shower cap in the Lagoon and/or apply conditioner to the hair before and after bathing.
- You can use your entry bracelet to purchase drinks and snacks and later pay for them at the reception area on your way out.
- Please note that guests are responsible for their bracelets and will be charged if they lose them.
- Silica mud is provided in boxes next to the Lagoon. Silica has a cleansing and softening effect on the skin but avoid getting it into your eyes.
- The temperature of the Blue Lagoon is 37-40°C. It is recommended that guests take regular breaks from bathing in the Lagoon
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who arrives intoxicated. The determination of whether an individual is intoxicated is solely at our discretion. In such cases, the guest is not entitled to a refund.
You agree that any claim, action or lawsuit arising out of these terms and conditions and/or the services/products purchased, shall be interpreted and governed in conformity with Icelandic law. For any legal dispute which may arise, both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and competence of the Judges and Courts of the town of Reykjanesbær, Iceland.
You acknowledge that these terms and conditions can be changed and/or updated without notice.